Recap: Rangers @ A’s Game 58
June 7, 2012
A’s win a series against Texas. Big win today as the A’s roll past Texas 7-1. This game was in the bag early as the A’s never looked back.
- I have lamented frequently about how terrible Coco Crisp has been this year. While yesterday was not a historical game from him, it was nice to see a good solid performance from the A’s left fielder. Who went 2-for-4 with a home run (his first of the year) and bases loaded triple both off of Rangers starter Yu Darvish, and also drew a walk in the contest.
- While Crisp may have effectively broken the game open, Brandon McCarthy kept his former teammates at bay with seven innings of one earned run, three hit, no walk, five strikeout baseball. McCarthy used just 88 pitches (59 for strikes) to get through the tough Texas lineup. With the wide lead, Grant Balfour and Jerry Blevins both pitched an inning each of scoreless relief.
- Once the game was well in hand, Brandon Moss who has been tearing up the Pacific Coast League, also added his first home run of the season, a solo shot off of reliever Tanner Scheppers.
- The only other two hit player aside from Crisp in the game today was Seth Smith. Smith went 2-for-4 with a walk including his sixth double of the year also off of Darvish. Darvish had a miserable outing, responsible for six earned runs, in five and a third inning and pairing it with six walks.
- The A’s were also active on the basepaths with Cliff Pennington swiping two bags off of Mike Napoli (his eighth and ninth on the season – one off he and Darvish, the other off he and Scheppers) while Crisp added his eighth of the year (off of Napoli and Scheppers).